ADHD is a neuropsychological complication where the patient shows a spectrum of cognitive symptoms. In most cases, individuals find it hard to be attentive to things that require sheer focus. The other major behavioural symptom observed in such children or adults is the inability to patiently sit and do nothing. However, on occasion, healthy individuals and kids might have problems concentrating or being patient. That does not mean they are dealing with brain-related issues. That is why it is critical to leverage an ADHD planner to assist in developing day-to-day structure and assist with their wellbeing.
- What are the Complications of ADHD?
- Diary Tracking with an ADHD Planner
- Lesser-Known Indications of ADHD
- Conditions Related to ADHD
- Mood & Attention Tracking with ADHD
- How can ADHD be Diagnosed?
- How to Manage ADHD
- Leveraging an ADHD Smart Planner to Manage Hyperactivity
- Solutions for Managing ADHD
What does ADHD Stand For?
Many of you might already know the full form of this abbreviation. However, we will still spell it out for you before shedding some more light on it. ADHD means Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity disorder. It is a broad-spectrum name that covers a variety of ADHD symptoms. All the patients do not have all of the symptoms. Hence, it has been classified into three main categories namely: ADHD Combined, Hyperactive ADHD and ADHD Distracted. Let us look into a little more detail about these three types.
- ADHD Combined – When a child or an adult is considered to be suffering from combined disorder when they show both hyper maniac behaviour. Additionally, they also show an inability to focus on tasks.
- Hyperactive ADHD – This is when a patient appears to be solely excitable without any apparent signs of inattentiveness
- ADHD Distracted – This is when the patient gets easily distracted and cannot focus on priority tasks
Let us look into a little more detail about these three types. Clogging sinus passageways behind the eyes, nose, cheeks, and forehead trigger sinus headaches. You may notice this on one or both sides of your head. Sinus headaches are most common during allergy season. The sinuses can also be stimulated by something external. Although both types of headaches have similarities, they differ in intensity from one another. The unique symptoms associated with migraines are some of the primary symptoms that differ from other headaches. Other forms of headaches don’t typically have these symptoms. Nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, and sound sensitivity are among some of the distinctive symptoms.
What are the Complications of ADHD?
Certain loud and clear indications can confirm the diagnosis of the complex disorder by an ADHD specialist. These are generalized signs which cannot necessarily categorize the disorder into one of the three types.
- Fiddling – The person constantly twiddles something or moves something in their hands without any purpose. This is a definite sign that they cannot sit still.
- Concentration Issues – This is one of the most conclusive signs that conform to behavioural complications. Individuals have trouble focusing hard on one task for too long. They will get agitated when made to be attentive to something. It is more obvious in teenagers or younger age groups. Young adults face issues concentrating in class and finishing homework.
- Doing Unimportant Tasks First – This class of individuals has trouble going through focus-demanding tasks. The uncertainty of the time-consuming tasks feels daunting to them. They compensate for the feeling of accomplishment by finishing lesser priority and more predictable tasks.
- Impatience – This symptom is an extension of fiddling. Adults and children get annoyed and restless while waiting. They get impatient while either waiting in the queue or for their turn in the game.
Diary Tracking with an ADHD Planner
Most ADHD patients say they can better map their daily lives with them writing down the key points. Journaling aids individuals to navigate better through their emotions, record them at one place and work through them to achieve emotional stability. The Diary feature of the CareClinic app could work as a digital journal for users with hyper-functional behaviours.
To get started, the diary has various prompts to choose from that can guide one through their journaling process. The ADHD diary could be used to note key points on the patient’s Behavioural therapy and reflect upon them at a later date. To open this personalized ADHD planner, open the app, open the check-in, click on ‘Diary Entry’.
Another great use for the diary is to write down any symptoms, differing meals timings etc. You can also keep track of your mental health by writing out your thoughts associated with food. Additionally, you can log specific meals and how that affects your thoughts around eating. If you’re unsure of what to write, use the prompt function. The premium account has access to 16 journal prompts, and each prompt focuses on different aspects of mental health.
ADHD Planner Journal Prompts
Topics range from “acceptance” to “productivity planner daily.” With the CareClinic platform, you can also add lists, bold, italicize, and underline important statements. You can change the colour of the text to highlight your mood. Finally, you can add photos to personalize your diary. The best part? You can add as many entries as you want in one day.
They will automatically save for you to return and continue the next day. You can also revisit previously written journal entries at any point in time. Every one of them is readily available on the app. By accessing previously written entries you can note any progress made, and identify patterns that may be useful for your doctor to know when treating you.
Lesser-Known Indications of ADHD
It is a common notion that this disorder mainly revolves around impaired attention span. However, there could be few indications that would not be commonly demarcated.
- Zoning out: Zoning out is the extension of inattention that impairs their capacity to engage in conversations for a longer time. It could also partly prevent them from following instructions.
- Insensitivity to emotions of others: These patients feel intense emotions with minimal ability to manage them. But they often are incapable of understanding the emotions of other people. Consequently, this makes them averse to frequently changing social environments.
- Addictive: The aversion for change in the environment also means they obsessively want to stick to either a routine or a favourite thing. Hyper Neurotic people get easily disturbed when the order of scheduling timings or other things get changed.
Conditions Related to ADHD
Indications of ADHD complicate social life as well as academics. Poor life skills exaggerate their condition if not managed clinically. Furthermore, there can be few other symptoms that can coincide with such a condition. A few of them here:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: An individual can feel compulsion towards thoughts or some feelings repetitively. This could be seen in attention-deficit or hyperactive individuals. ADHD patients can feel an urge to tend to something constantly. If they do not do it, they get annoyed or irritated.
- Mood Issues: Their moods can quickly change for the good or bad, depending upon the surroundings and social settings.
- Autism Spectrum Dysfunction: ADHD can prevent the development of social and receptive skills. The extent of autistic signs could vary depending upon the level of medical or therapeutic intervention of a patient.
- Behaviour Dysfunctions: adults or children with this unique condition may have varying disabilities in expression and reception. This hinders the development of their public skills.
Mood & Attention Tracking with ADHD
Probably, one of the most volatile characteristics of ADHD minds is their mood. CareClinic app has the feature that will manage records of the patient’s moods. It is a great tool to track and view the fluctuations in their mood on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. How do you do that? Read ahead to know How to navigate through this feature.
Open the app, go to check-in, go to the measurements tab and you will find a mood check-in. It is set as a default measurement so it should appear on the screen right away. If it does not, go to the ‘plus’ sign on the top right corner and select ‘mood’ from it. You can add attention to your daily measurements in the same way.
One can keep records and map those at a set interval to track improvements and any changes. This could be a great tool to manage attention and take necessary steps to improve it based on a weekly or monthly overview.
Built-in Symptom Tracking
In addition to the mood tracker, the app has a symptom tracker where patients can keep an eye on mental prodromes such as anxiety, mental fatigue, brain fog, depression and many more. This is a useful tool to trace if the symptoms are improving or worsening. Getting a summary of your records is even simpler with the reports that CareClinic provides. It means that the app will give a synopsis of the symptoms that you have been tracking. You can easily record symptoms by following these simple instructions:
- Open the CareClinic app on your phone
- Go to the ‘check-in’ tab
- Open ‘symptoms’
- Add symptoms you want to track
The platform has a feature to add notes and set reminders so that you do not miss tracking your health anymore. You can even set a frequency of the reminders you would like to receive in a day.
What Causes ADHD?
The exact pathogenesis behind this disorder is uncertain. However, a few things are contributing factors to ADHD disorders.
This means there may be certain kinds of abnormalities during fetal brain development. It could be natural or induced. In an induced type of defect, failure of formation of complete brain areas or functions may have been triggered by the following:
- The use of drugs by a mother
- Genetic abnormalities from the maternal/paternal side
- Maternal chemical poisoning
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Other irritants
There are other predicting factors behind the development of ADHD such as maternal and paternal psychosocial behaviours, socioeconomic status, ethnicity and other such familial factors.
How can ADHD be Diagnosed?
There are no clinical tests that can confirm ADHD. Rather an ADHD specialist confirms the diagnosis by tracking symptoms for a couple of months. It is confirmed when an individual shows five or more indications in more than one social setup. It is important to note that the majority of cases are diagnosed earlier in life when the patient is in the younger age group.
How to Manage ADHD
It can be difficult, having a family member, especially a child with such a cognitive hyper-functional disorder is taxing. However, helping them get organized and building a framework for them to work around helps to a major extent. Early diagnosis and intervention are necessary. Behavioural modification earlier in life assists patients to do well academically and lead a relatively normal life as they age. Read ahead for a few significant tips to help you deal with someone with ADHD.
Being Patient with ADHD Symptoms
We understand it is not simple to help someone manage their mental symptoms. Remember that you are not alone and there is plenty of help available for you out there. Be calm around them. It will help build a conducive environment that will work for the patient to not get agitated. It is also an inevitable measure as agitation will trigger hyperactivity and may worsen the symptoms in some patients.
Setting Priorities for ADHD Management
One of the issues that hinder patients’ progress is their inability to prioritize. Help them to set day-to-day goals with an ADHD daily planner. Get them started with a printable ADHD daily planner template that is available online. Such planners will help them differentiate the tasks on a priority basis. They can also fill them up daily by checking the tasks they successfully achieved. This will give them a sense of being organized as well.
ADHD Behaviour Management Counselling
ADHD patients do not know how to conduct their behaviour in social settings. Counselling will assist them in learning to regulate their activities in public and much more. It also equips them with resources to manage their temperament and form new neural pathways.
ADHD Patient Support
Let the patient know you are available for them. Make them feel supported. Let them know they are autonomous as some might get annoyed with a constant watch over them. However, it is equally important to monitor their patterns closely.
ADHD and Sleep
Help patients achieve a uniform sleep cycle. Sleep in turn will affect several other factors such as mood, brain function, and so on. This is achieved with the help of sleeping music, blue light filters, and supplementary melatonin. There are other little things to take care of to improve sleep- reduce caffeine and midday naps.
Deep Breathing Practices
Teaching them to regulate their breathing patterns will help them with their focus. It will also be a good practice to lengthen their sitting without fidgeting.
Leveraging an ADHD Smart Planner to Manage Hyperactivity
A digital platform could be leveraged on a daily basis. One setback that keeps ADHD kids and adults from planning and reflecting is ‘Brain fogging’. CareClinic is a digital health platform that will resolve most issues faced by ADHD-affected minds. It is a new-age app that will help in creating a personalized self-care plan. It could aptly work as an ADHD smart planner to organize and track daily shortcomings that can result from ADHD. Furthermore, CareClinic has tailored Care plans according to your needs from which you can choose the one that fits your needs. The app is versatile in the sense that it has almost every feature that one needs to manage their health. We will walk you through the details of How the CareClinic app could be a new best friend of ADHD patients.
Managing Medications with an ADHD Planner
The CareClinic platform provides medicinal therapy is used in patients showing impulsive behaviour, troublesome focus issues, anxious or depressed moods. These medicines help subtilize severe mood problems and treat severe ADHD.
CareClinic has the feature to manage daily medication by adding reminders and check-ins. Apart from that, one has other options to add dosage, route of administration, track the doses left and even reminder to refill the same. One can find the medication tracker in the check-in and customize it to suit themselves.
Sleep Tracking with an ADHD Planner
ADHD can give rise to co-existing mental conditions like sleep disorders. CareClinic app has come up with a sleep check-in feature. It enables users to calculate sleep time and mood after waking up. This means one can track their sleep cycle along with the feelings they wake up with.
In addition to this, one can add factors affecting their sleep- nightmare, trouble falling asleep, late bedtime, and many more. Tracking sleep could help link fluctuations in mood and productivity due to it and hence, manage these better.
The sleep tracker is also equipped with sleeping music like white noise and binaural sounds for the ones who find it hard to fall asleep due to hyperactivity.
Solutions for Managing ADHD
Users can create more than one care plan. The CareClinic program has an option to share plans with your friends, families and health care team. There are options in ‘My care team’ to add caregivers or dependents. Adding the caregiver will automatically share your reports as well as the care plan to them. People managing a relative with hyper mania could take care of the patient better with such a feature.
No one loves their life uncertain and so do adults and children with attention impairment. The life of ADHD patients and their families could get difficult at times. With this digital self-care program, get the best of health care from anywhere. Your loved ones would like their life to get organized and planned with CareClinic as the best planner for ADHD.
In addition, the platform is available for download on Google Play (if you are an Android user) or the App Store (if you are an iPhone user) and download the app right away.
So what are you waiting for? check CareClinic today as your first step towards the betterment of you and your loved one’s health.